How To Register to Vote
Voter Registration Status
Register online to Vote
- General Voters need to fill Form 6 (Link to online form). This form is also for 'First time voters' and 'voters who have shifted to another constituency'
- NRI Voter need to fill form 6A (Link to online form)
- For Deletion or Objection in electoral roll fill form 7 (link to online form)
- Please fill Form 8 (Link to online form) for any change in (Name, Photo, Age, EPIC Number, Address, Date of birth, Age, Name of relative, Type of relation, Gender).
- In case of shifting from one place of residence to another place of residence within the same constituency please fill Form 8A (Link to online form).
Deadlines and Key Dates
Voter list is continuously updated till the last date of filing of nominations by the candidate. This is approximately 3 weeks before the polling date. Lok Sabha elections are scheduled from 11 Apr – 23 May, 2019
- Phase 1 - 11th Apr
- Phase 2 - 18th April
- Phase 3 - 23rd April
- Phase 4 - 29th April
- Phase 5 - 6th May
- Phase 6 - 12th May
- Phase 7 - 19th May
Election results will be announced on 23rd May. Please note Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Orissa and Sikkim Vidhan Sabha elections will be held in parallel to Lok Sabha Elections, Please check eci.gov.in for more information
Requirements for registering to vote
You can enroll as a Voter if you:
- are an Indian citizen.
- have attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying date i.e. 1st of January of the year of revision of electoral roll.
- are ordinarily resident of the part/polling area of the constituency where you want to be enrolled.
- are not disqualified to be enrolled as an elector.
How to register to vote offline
- You can also enroll offline. Fill two copies of Form 6.This form is also available free of cost in offices of Electoral Registration Officers / Assistant Electoral Registration Officers and Booth Level Officers.
- The application accompanied by copies of the relevant documents can be filed in person before the concerned Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer or sent by post addressed to him or can be handed over to the Booth Level Officer of your polling area.
- Call 1950 for any help (Please add your STD code before 1950). For more information read the Voter Brochure on http://ecisveep.nic.in/.