- an Indian citizen
- have attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying date i.e. 1st of January of the year of revision of electoral roll
- ordinarily resident of the part/polling area of the constituency where you want to be enrolled.
- are not disqualified to be enrolled as an elector
You can enroll as a Voter if you are
Who is not qualified to be enrolled on the electoral roll/Voter list
- not a citizen of India
- of unsound mind and declared so by a competent court
- temporarily disqualified from voting under any law relating to corrupt practices and other election offence
How to become an elector
- Find out the name of your Assembly Constituency and Part in the district/state of residence
Fill Enrolment Form
- Fill Form 6 online at www.nvsp.in. Copies of necessary documents should also be uploaded.
- You can also enrol offline. Fill Form 6 in two copies Download. Form 6 is also available free of cost in offices of Electoral Registration Officers / Assistant Electoral Registration Officers and Booth Level Officers
- The application accompanied by copies of the relevant documents can be filed in person before the concerned Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer or sent by post addressed to him or can be handed over to the Booth Level Officer of your polling area
- Documents required with Form 6?
- One recent passport size coloured photograph, duly affixed in the box given for the purpose in Form 6
- Photo-copies of documentary proof of age and residence.
- The list of documentary proof of age and residence which can be enclosed is given in the guidelines with Form 6.
- Documentary proof of age is required only in those cases, where age of the applicant is between 18 and 21 years. In all other cases, declaration of age by the applicant will be taken as proof of age.
What to do on change of address
- In case you have shifted to a new residence which is in the same constituency, please fill Form 8A online on www.nvsp.in or download the Form Download and submit to the ERO of the area
- If the new residence is in a different Assembly Constituency, fill Form 6 online or download Form 6 Download and submit to the ERO of the area of your new residence
- It is not necessary to get address changed in your old EPIC. However, if you want to change address in EPIC, it can be done on payment of Rs. 25 with an application to Electoral Registration Officer of the new constituency. The EPIC with new address will carry the same EPIC no as the old one
How to make modifications or correction in your entries in the electoral roll
- For correction of mistakes in electoral rolls, fill Form 8 online or download the Form 8Download and submit to the Electoral Registration Officer
What is Form 7
- For deletion of name of a shifted / dead / absentee elector from the electoral roll application can be made in Form 7 Download. For deletion of a duplicate entry also, application should be made in Form 7.
- Any person who is a voter in the concerned constituency may object to the inclusion of name in electoral roll on the ground that the person whose names is included or proposed to be included is not eligible to be registered as a voter in that constituency. An objection can be made in Form 7 to the concerned Electoral Registration Officer along with the relevant proof.
How to Vote
- Check Your name on the Voter List; Remember you can not vote unless your name appears on the voter list
- Election day is a holiday so that every eligible elector can cast his/her vote
- Mobile phones, camera or any other gadget is not allowed inside a polling booth
- Take your position in the queue, keep your identity document ready to show to the polling officials and the Voter slip
- First polling official will check your name on voter list and check your ID proof
- Second polling official will ink your finger, give you a chit and take your signature on a register
- You will have to deposit the chit at the third polling official and show your inked finger and then proceed to the polling booth
- Record your vote by pressing the button opposite the symbol of the candidate of your choice on the Electronic Voting Machine; You will hear a beep sound
- You can press NOTA, None of the Above, if you don’t like any candidate, it’s the last button on the EVM