How To Register to Vote
Voter Registration Status
Register online to Vote
- General Voters need to fill Form 6 (Link to online form). This form is also for 'First time voters' and 'voters who have shifted to another constituency'
- NRI Voter need to fill form 6A (Link to online form) For Deletion or Objection in electoral roll fill form 7 (link to online form)
- Please fill Form 8 (Link to online form) for any change in (Name, Photo, Age, EPIC Number, Address, Date of birth, Age, Name of relative, Type of relation, Gender).
- In case of shifting from one place of residence to another place of residence within the same constituency please fill Form 8A (Link to online form).
Please note : Voters need to fill Form 6 (Link to online form) if they are shifting from one constituency to another. For more information, please see the Voter Guide on http://ecisveep.nic.in/
Deadlines and Key Dates
Voter list is continuously updated till the last date of filing of nominations by the candidate. This is approximately 3 weeks before the polling date. The exact polling dates will be available on eci.gov.in, after announcement.
Requirements for registering to vote
You can enroll as a Voter if you:
- are an Indian citizen.
- have attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying date i.e. 1st of January of the year of revision of electoral roll.
- are ordinarily resident of the part/polling area of the constituency where you want to be enrolled.
- are not disqualified to be enrolled as an elector.
If you meet the above criteria please visit nvsp.in to register online.
How to register to vote offline
- You can also enroll offline. Fill two copies of Form 6.This form is also available free of cost in offices of Electoral Registration Officers / Assistant Electoral Registration Officers and Booth Level Officers.
- The application accompanied by copies of the relevant documents can be filed in person before the concerned Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer or sent by post addressed to him or can be handed over to the Booth Level Officer of your polling area.
- Call 1950 for any help (Please add your STD code before 1950).. For more information read the Voter Brochure on http://ecisveep.nic.in/.