SVEEP is the flagship program of the Election Commission of India for voter education, spreading voter awareness and promoting voter literacy in India. It is a multi-intervention programme that reaches out through different modes and media to educate citizens, electors, and voters about the electoral process in order to increase their awareness and promote their informed participation. SVEEP is designed according to the socio-economic, cultural, and demographic profile of the state as well as history of electoral participation in previous rounds of elections. The Commission produces several voter awareness materials and disseminates the same through various mediums/platforms of communication i.e Print Media, Electronic Media, Social Media etc.
SVEEP Goal & Vision : To enlighten, enable and empower every citizen to register as a voter and cast his/her vote at every election in an informed and ethical manner. Universal and enlightened participation of citizens in elections and democracy.
SVEEP Strategy IV vision document Objectives (2022-25):
The objectives envisaged for SVEEP as per the strategy document for 2022-25 are:
Increase voter turnout to 75% in Lok Sabha elections 2024 by:
- Purifying the electoral roll of every polling booth
- Bridging gender gap in enrolment and turnout
- Ensuring inclusion of all non-voters/ marginalised sections through targeted interventions, technological solutions and policy changes
- Addressing urban and youth apathy in electoral participation
- Turning around all low turnout constituencies and polling stations
- To enhance the quality of electoral participation in terms of informed and ethical voting through continuous electoral and democracy education
- Increase voter turnout to 75% in Lok Sabha elections 2024 by:
How To Register to VoteElection commission of India offers online voter registration for Indian citizens who have attained the age of 18 on the qualifying date (1 Jan, 1 April, 1 July and 1 Oct of the year of revision of electoral roll). Citizen, can enroll himself/herself as General Voter and fill Form 6 online at National Voters' Service Portal. Registered voters should also check their enrollment status
Voter Registration StatusVisit https://electoralsearch.in/ to see if you are registered to vote. If your name appears in the list, you are eligible to vote, otherwise you need to register to vote. Visit https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/ for voter registration. Also, you can use Voter Helpline App to verify your name in Electoral Roll or register online.
Register online to Vote
- General Voters need to fill Form 6 (Link to online form). This is only for the Registration of new voters.
- NRI Voter need to fill form 6A (Link to online form)
- For Deletion or Objection in electoral roll fill form 7 (link to online form)
- Please fill Form 8 (Link to online form) for shifting of Residence/Correction of Entries in Existing Electoral Roll/Replacement of EPIC / Marking of PwD.
Deadlines and Key Dates
Voter list is continuously updated till the last date of filing of nominations by the candidate.
Requirements for registering to vote
You can enroll as a Voter if you:
- are an Indian citizen.
- have attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying date i.e. 1 Jan, 1 April, 1 July and 1 Oct of the year of revision of electoral roll.
- are ordinarily resident of the part/polling area of the constituency where you want to be enrolled.
- are not disqualified to be enrolled as an elector.
How to register to vote offline
- You can also enroll offline. Fill two copies of Form 6.This form is also available free of cost in offices of Electoral Registration Officers / Assistant Electoral Registration Officers and Booth Level Officers.
- The application accompanied by copies of the relevant documents can be filed in person before the concerned Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer or sent by post addressed to him or can be handed over to the Booth Level Officer of your polling area.
- Call 1950 for any help. For more information read the Voter Brochure on https://ecisveep.nic.in/.